Monday, May 23, 2011

"ONLY DO TODAY WHAT YOU CAN DO FOREVER!"

So, you can just disregard my last post! LOL I have learned ONE important lesson about myself. Someone on youtube was kind enough to remind me of it this weekend. I have a saying that I have lived by through this whole weight loss experience,
"ONLY DO TODAY WHAT YOU CAN DO FOREVER!"

I truly believe I stopped losing weight when I stopped living by this. I was in such a hurry to GET TO GOAL, that I started trying to get there FASTER. I started counting calories along with my points, then carbs, then cutting out certain foods, uping my exercise, lowering calories, taking laxatives, using direutics, and so on. I started doing all this last August, when i reached 100lbs lost and a year on WW. I stopped remembering why Im doing all this and all I thought about was losing the rest as soon as possible. I was unhappy, withdrew from people, and researched weight loss all the time. I started eating foods i didnt like and....I STARTED BINGING!!!

I have learned, I can not cut things out or tell myself i cant have something. Becasue that will be all i want. Then Ill binge. Its a horrible cycle. I need to refocus myself and go back to how i was...

"ONLY DO TODAY WHAT YOU CAN DO FOREVER!"  


That was the only way I was able to lose weight and get this far. I need to stop and follow my own advice. No more obsessing. No more cutting things out. Only creating a way to live for the rest of my life. Creating habits that i can do forever. Slowly. It doesnt matter WHEN I get to goal. It matters HOW I get there. In a healthy way. There is no going off plan...because its not a plan, its my lifestyle. 

 Exercise has never been a issue for me. i love it. I exercise even when I eat bad. Exercise is a part of my life, I enjoy it and look forward to it. I need to focus on doing the same with food. Eating a certain way, forever. So I wont be cutting foods out. I need to learn to deal with my issues with food. Cutting things out just makes me want them more and causes me to binge. 

I hate when i say Im going to do something and then change my mind. I feel like Im lost and have no idea what I need to do. I know everything I need to know to lose weight. I just need to stick with what works. :) I have maintained my 100lb weight loss for almost a year now. I am so proud of that. I need to remember how far I have come and not worry so much about how fast i get to goal.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment