Monday, May 16, 2011

May 13 2011

I was put on a ADHD medication called adderall about a year ago. My ADD had gotten really bad and my doctor thought since I was always tired that I would Benifit from it. I LOVED the medication at first. It made me not so hungry, gave me tons of energy (I never wanna sit) it made my OCD ten times worse, which was ok since it made me clean all the time, i was able to focus and get so much done, and it made me a morning person. I slept a average of 5 hrs a night. Which wasnt too great. Over the mths I noticed I was becoming anti-social, I had HORRIBLE acne, I had awful mood swings, I was irritable, I had chest pain, my anxiety was a huge issue, and I was becoming more depressed. I was also having numerous binging episodes. I had had a handle on my binging for a whole year before. This has turned into a big problem. So last night I decided to stop taking the Meds. I'm afraid of weight gain and the sleepiness that seems to be the biggest withdrawal issue. But I feel, for my health and my kids, that I NEED to stop taking them. AND I found out yesterday that my doctor should have never prescribed them since I am on wellbutrin and they don't interact so well. Which is why I am more depressed. I'm hoping now that i can be more social, be happier, not be so moody with my kids, get back on track with my weightloss, and get rid of this acne! Lol
Today was day 1 without it. I did pretty well I was happier. No mood swings. I played with the kids more. I was actually less hungry and I drank HALF the diet coke I normally do since I didnt have dry mouth. Yah! The main side affects were a horrible headache, and EXTREME sleepiness. Around 1pm I found it was so hard to just keep my eyes open! But I made it. I'll be going to bed super early. Lol and I got my early morning workout in. Hopefully I dont have problems getting up tomorrow at 5:30am for the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment