Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hi, My name is April and I am a compulsive over eater....

I am tired...SO tired of my war with food. EVERYDAY I fight with myself about food. My thoughts seem to focus on food.
'How many points?' 'How many calories?' 'Its just ONE cookie!' 'A diet coke will help you feel full.' 'You have lost so much weight, what is one days to enjoy all the food you want!' 'Its just pizza! You wont gain all your weight back!' 'You can start over tomorrow.' 'Eat everything you want, casue tomorrow we get strict!' 'Ill just eat less tomorrow.' 'Ill exercise more.' 'JUST ONE BITE!' 'I exercised today, I deserve it!' 'I dont want to deprive myself.' 'Im so upset, it will make me feel better!''Just this one time!'
I feel like Im the only one who deals with this. How can others lose weight and not have such a struggle with food! WHY cant I just be NORMAL!!! I hate obsessing over this!

 I had a bad day today....I have no excuses. I have NO idea WHY I over eat...or binge. I do know its a problem and I NEED to fix it now before I gain weight.
I was thinking...WHAT are my trigger foods? I have 3.
My number 1 is COOKIES
 Small cookies, big cookies, chocolate, sugar, oatmeal, store bought, bakery, hard, soft...you name it...I will eat just about ANY type of cookie...and then i want MORE.....
Number 2 is peanut butter. I just cant have a serving...I want to eat it all...
Number 3  BREAD. I LOVE bread. I cant seem to commit to the new WW program (points plus) because I cant eat bread AS MUCH as I would like to.


I have talked to a nutritionist an she says the reason I crave PB is because Im not getting enough fat or protein in my diet. SO TRUE!
I think I have a issue with cookies because of SUGAR. And bread because of FLOUR.

So, as I was thinking (and have been thinking for awhile) I am a addict. The only way to fix my binging is to be ABSTINENT. Since I have pin pointed what I need to eliminate it seems I need to be abstinent from SUGAR AND FLOUR.
I have been contemplating this for a while, but I always have a problem when I cut foods out...I seem to binge on them. So as much as I want to give up flour and sugar...it may be years before i do completly. I may start making small goals. Like this week..NO COOKIES. :)

"My name is April, and I am a compulsive over eater...."

1 comment:

  1. Hi April! You are so brave to tackle this tough subject! Relationships with food can be really overwhelming. I'm still in the "recovery" stage of my food dependency, but luckily being in therapy these last few years has really helped. Have you ever read anything by Geneen Roth? If you get a chance to swing by the library or bookstore, I love _Breaking Free from Emotional Eating_, and _Women Food and God_.

    "We don't want to eat hot fudge sundaes. We want our lives to be hot fudge sundaes." (It may not be verbatim, but she says something like that!) I love that quote, along with a bazillion others.

    You're amazing, I believe in you! :)

    ReplyDelete